Although the global pandemic continues to impact communities and industries around the world, we've been very fortunate.
The health and wellbeing of our employees, customers and partners has always been our primary concern. Our teams around the world have worked from home since March, but thanks to their professionalism we’ve seen very little business disruption – in fact, Loadbalancer.org has continued to operate at full capacity.
Over the coming weeks, where local government guidance permits us to do so safely, we’ll begin returning to the workplace while maintaining robust social distancing practices. Whether your organization is in a similar position or still working within enforced restrictions, we’re as committed as ever to keeping your business flowing during this period of uncertainty.
Our priorities have always been to:
- Ensure the safety of our employees and their families around the world
- Maintain our business operations in order to support our clients and suppliers
- Mitigate threats or minimize the damage threats can cause
- Prioritize support for key industries, such as the health and care sectors and other frontline and essential services
Since March, as well as safeguarding our employees, we took a number of steps to minimize business disruption for our customers and partners. These measures include, but are not limited to:
- Working with our partners to minimize the supply chain impact on our customers
- Fast-tracking manufacturing to mitigate potential impact to inventory and supply chain management
- Building a buffer of 6 months stock to ensure continuity of supply
- Ensuring customers have staff in place before shipping hardware
We’re very aware that the pandemic continues to impact each of our global customers differently, and while business may be starting a slow return to normal for some, this won’t be true for everybody. If your organisation is being affected by the pandemic and there’s something we can do to make working with us easier – please just let us know.
We’re confident in our ability to respond to these challenges, but sincerely apologize for any unforeseen disruptions, should they arise and be out of our control.
We’ll update this post with any further relevant information as it arises. In the meantime I wish you all the best and hope you are staying safe.