About the job
Time for a change? Come and join the Loadbalancer.org team, and help be a part of the solution that keeps critical business systems flowing.
Your new company
Loadbalancer.org is home to passionate people who value our mission – that every customer needs a secure, scalable system that never goes down.
Everyone here commits to providing innovative solutions, along with expert, personalised support, so that our customers’ applications never fail.
How can you help us?
We’re experiencing rapid growth and we need someone to help our enterprise partners deploy our load balancer appliances in a reliable, repeatable, and unbreakable process.
You will help them build innovative high-availability solutions for their applications – that their customers rely on. These might be existing partners or exciting opportunities with prospects in completely different industry verticals.
You’ll be working closely with our chief technical architect and helping him lead a small dedicated team of solutions engineers. You’ll also be working closely with the sales & support teams to ensure everyone understands the best way to help our customers.
In short – You need to keep our partners business flowing…
Who you are
You’re confident in a broad range of technical environments, customer focused, genuinely interested in learning new architectures and able to identify a better way to achieve goals. You will communicate new ideas clearly both internally and externally with the effortless ability to translate ‘Geek’ into ‘English’.
You’ve probably got 5-10 years experience in a senior technical or engineering role, the kind of person who always knows the answer, a good gut instinct of where the problem lies. Our team will quickly come to rely on your experience.
And you’re looking for a fantastic opportunity to further develop your career within a thriving business.
Your primary focus is to provide oversight and leadership for pre-sales and post-sales customer engagements assisting both the technical and commercial teams as they engage with partners and customers alike.
Taking a technical lead from pre-sale through to deployment you will be the person who coordinates our resources to ensure customer requirements can be tailored to fit their needs.
While a very technical role it is key that you can bridge the gap between technical and non-technical teams and be approachable as well as customer facing.
- Assisting the sales team and sales engineers with preparation of a technical response to RFI, RFP
- Customer meetings and demonstrations
- Proof of concept delivery, working with the customer and our technical teams to deliver POC, OAT and UAT phases
- Professional services
- Working with the customer technical teams finalise design and implementation
- Customer training
- Managing the smooth handover to customer operations teams and our support team
- Feedback to the development team with lessons learned and product feature requests
Essential knowledge & expertise
A thorough understanding of the following technologies would be ideal:
- Knowledge of common virtualisation platforms such as VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM and Xen
- Knowledge of various cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Network design principles including an understanding of routing and switching
- Networking protocols and services
- Microsoft enterprise software such as Exchange, Sharepoint, and Remote desktop services
- Knowledge of Linux software such as Apache HTTPD and Squid for example
- Scripting (any language)
Desired knowledge & expertise
Any of the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Commercial load balancing solutions such as F5, A10, Barracuda or Loadbalancer.org.
- Multi-site networks and DR deployments.
- Storage such as S3
- GSLB (DNS Load balancing)
- Policy Based Routing
- A team player with the ability to identify and propose new services.
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership.
- Well organised, good project management skills
- Approachable, tolerant and always learning
- Give a damn – passionate about doing a good job
- Outgoing and friendly team
- Company/Department nights out
- Team building events
- Staff parties
- The office is within walking distance of shops and restaurants
- Easy access and parking
- Employee pension contributions
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays + rewarded for numbers of years of service with up to 5 additional day’s entitlement each year
- Ability to purchase an additional 5 day holiday
- Life Insurance (x3 salary)
To apply for this role email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org