Who are you?
A friendly, outgoing, and easy to work with individual. With a technical background and a passion for working directly with customers and helping them get the correct information and solution every time.
You’ll be aware of a broad range of technologies, customer-focused, genuinely interested in learning, and able to identify a better way to achieve goals. You will communicate new ideas internally and externally with the effortless ability to translate ‘Geek’ into ‘English.’
You’ve probably got a year or more experience in a technical or engineering role, the kind of person who always knows the answer, a good gut instinct of where the problem lies. Our team will quickly come to rely on your experience.
And you’re looking for a fantastic opportunity to develop your career further within a thriving business.
Your new Company
Join the Loadbalancer.org team and help be a part of the solution that keeps critical business systems flowing.
Loadbalancer.org is home to passionate people who value our mission – that every customer needs a secure, scalable system that never goes down.
Everyone here commits to providing innovative solutions, along with expert, personalised support, so that our customers’ applications never fail.
How can you help us?
We’re experiencing rapid growth, and we need an outgoing, smart technical person to help our customers and sales team understand where and how best to use our load balancer appliance.
You will work with our sales team providing technical support for tenders, perform demos to our customers, and generally support the customer through the sales experience. The role is ‘customer first’ and primarily focuses on helping customers get the right product and best advice from the get-go and will involve, in some cases, you supporting customers right up to them deploying complex POC’s.
Your primary focus is to provide pre-sales and post-sales customer support, assisting the technical and commercial teams as they engage with partners and customers alike.
While a technical role, it is key that you can bridge the gap between technical and non-technical teams and be approachable and customer-facing.
Some travel will be required (when conditions allow), meeting with customers and partners as needed.
What success in this role would look like…
You’re one of the go-to experts for our sales teams, partners, and resellers when they need technical assistance or advice.
You’ll utilise your excellent server and networking infrastructure knowledge to seamlessly implement our solution as part of POC’s in customer’s environments (i.e. Linux, DNS, HyperV/VSphere, Google Cloud Platform/Azure).
Your explanation of complex technical concepts is engaging for the broad audiences you come across. They leave your workshops and pre-sales sessions feeling empowered and full of memorable and valuable knowledge.
- Assisting the sales team with the preparation of a technical response to RFI, RFP.
- Customer meetings, presentations and demonstrations.
- Proof of concept delivery, working with the customer and our technical teams to deliver POC, OAT, and UAT phases.
- Working with the customer technical teams finalise design and implementation.
- Customer training.
- Managing the smooth handover to customer operations teams and our support and service teams.
- Feedback to the development team with lessons learned and product feature requests.
Desired knowledge & expertise
Any of the following will be beneficial:
- Knowledge of common virtualisation platforms such as VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM, and Xen.
- Knowledge of various cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- Network design principles including an understanding of routing and switching.
- Networking protocols and services.
- Microsoft enterprise software such as Exchange, Sharepoint, and Remote desktop services.
- Knowledge of Linux software such as Apache HTTPD and Squid, for example.
- Scripting (any language)
- Commercial load balancing solutions such as F5, A10, Barracuda, or Loadbalancer.org.
- Multi-site networks and DR deployments.
- Dynamic routing protocols such as OSPF or BGP.
- Storage such as S3
- GSLB (DNS Load balancing)
- Policy Based Routing
- Experience with Authentication services, Active Directory, SAML SSO, virtualization, firewall, and overall enterprise security architectures would also be preferred.
- A team player with the ability to identify and propose new services.
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership.
- Well organised, sound project management skills
- Approachable, tolerant, and always learning
- Give a damn – passionate about doing a good job
- On the job training & development
- Outgoing and friendly team
- Company/Department nights out
- Regular social events
- Staff parties
- The office is within walking distance of shops and restaurants
- Flexible working pattern
- Easy access and parking
- Flexible pension contribution options
- 28 days holiday +1 additional day per year of employment (up to 5 days extra)
- Ablity to purchase additional 5 days hoilday
To apply for this role email your cv to email@example.com